Catie Ivey is the Regional Vice President of Sales at Demandbase, which is a leading B2B marketing platform. Prior to joining Demandbase, Catie ran revenue teams at Marketo, Insightpool, Salesforce, and Meltwater, and she has deep expertise in MarTech specifically and how to better leverage technology to scale revenue teams. Catie is a huge advocate for getting more women into sales and sales leadership, so many of the topics we talk about here on ‘Women in Sales’ are topics she speaks passionately about.
I’ve known Catie since I first met her at Marketo. She has always impressed me with her passion and enthusiasm for people, our sales profession and her love of mentoring and coaching her sales teams members to greatness.
Catie believes that all of us should have a personal mission statement that we use to guide our decisions in business and in life. We started our conversation there.
Topics that Catie and I talked about:
- Why Catie’s belief that a key to her personal success philosophy is that people are amazing.
- We talked about the power of teams and Catie’s experience building teams and why she believes in the power of connected and engaged teams.
- Next, we discussed why women are often more risk averse than their peers and what women can do to play bigger in their careers. Catie shared her insight into what a willingness to take more risks means for her specifically and what she sees across sales and marketing teams. Hear Catie’s suggestions for playing bigger.
- That led to talking about some of the more unique challenges women in sales face. Find out why “grit and determination” are muscles you need to consciously focus on developing.
- And we wrapped up talking about positivity, optimism, and always having a growth mindset, which often leads to new and different opportunities.
Listen and enjoy the interview!
Catie Ivey is the Regional Vice President of Sales at Demandbase, which is a leading B2B marketing platform. Prior to joining Demandbase, Catie ran revenue teams at Marketo, Insightpool, Salesforce, and Meltwater, where she talks about getting her start as an ‘accidental salesperson’. With deep expertise in MarTech specifically and how to better leverage technology to scale revenue teams, Catie spends a ton of her time these days working with sales, marketing, and customer success leaders helping drive synergy across teams as they adopt a more aligned, account based go-to-market and navigate the ever-expanding world of marketing and sales technology.
Catie is a huge advocate for getting more women into sales and sales leadership, so a ton of the topics we talk about here on ‘Women in Sales’ are topics she speaks passionately about.
Connect on LinkedIn
Thanks to our Sponsors!
This podcast is presented by our Elite Sponsor, Microsoft. Corporate Vice President and Channel Chief Gavriella Schuster, along with other female leaders in the company, are driving for change, trying to bring more women into the technology industry. Gavriella and Microsoft are committed to giving “young women better role models and a stronger voice to all women.” You can hear more from Gavriella and other Microsoft leaders, on the Microsoft Partner Network podcast. Or visit partner.microsoft.com
Women Sales Pros has a vision for more women in B2B sales and sales leadership roles where there are currently male-majority sales teams. We help educate companies on how to do this, and we champion women on what a professional sales career can be. We also showcase the very top women sales experts who are speakers, authors, consultants, trainers and coaches. Get updates HERE and follow us on Twitter and Instagram at @WomenSalesPros
Want more great content like you get on The Conversations with Women in Sales Podcast? Check out The Sales Experts Channel for 500 presentations from 150 global sales experts, all in one place. Always free, always fabulous. Don’t miss another minute! Subscribe today to The Sales Experts Channel.